Friday, March 02, 2007

Wilber, Laszlo, Schumacher, Giddens, Ritzer, Gebser

mark Says: March 2nd, 2007 at 8:47 am I am not against sailing around the world. I am not against Big Pictures. I think that Big Picture theorists like Wilber, Laszlo, Schumacher, Giddens, Ritzer, Gebser, etc are to be applauded for their courage in travelling through all that territory and trying to make sense of it. I am myself at this moment trying to write a PhD thesis that proposes an integral framework for organisational transformational. It’s definitely Big Picture stuff (even if rather poorly painted).
Now here’s the poorly expressed point:- What I find lamentable is the use of the specific term “Theory of Everything” as a label for our very partial Pictures no matter how Big they might be. My proposition of a Theory of Anything is half made in jest as a way of deflating the grandiose TOE label. Labels are important. Let’s not label what integral theorists do as a TOE. Open Integral

No comments:

Post a Comment